Katie Stevenson – Doctor of Oriental Medicine (Acupuncture)
Katie Stevenson BOOK NOW
Katie Stevenson was a Doctor of Oriental Medicine in the state of Florida. She has over 10 years experience in the acupuncture field including auriculotherapy and Chinese Herbal medicine.
Katie is registered with AHPRA as a Chinese Medicine Practitioner with general registration in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine, Number CMR0001886149.
Having previously travelled to many countries and worked as an International Elementary School teacher, Katie experienced the benefits of natural therapies first hand and found her passion for Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
This led Katie on the path to completing her Masters degree in Oriental Medicine in the USA, which included Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Herbal medicine.
Katie’s passion has had her search for the absolute best when it came to what Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine had to offer. A path where she has been privileged to work with some of the worlds leading clinicians and renowned clinics, just a few of these include:
- Dr. Li Chun Huang, MD, DOM & William Huang, DOM -Auricular Medicine International Research and Training Center.
- Two years working and studying with Dr. HaiLing Fu, MD, DOM, renowned Herbalist and University lecturer.
- Dr. Mark P. Trolice, MD, Leading Reproductive Endocrinologist and director at Fertility C.A.R.E. (Center for Assisted Reproductive Endocrinology), and division director at Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children and Women, USA University of Texas
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, a world renowned integrative Medicine Oncology clinic.
- Dr Michael O. Smith, M.D., Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Recovery Hospital in New York, NY. An Addiction and Substance abuse rehabilitation Clinic, specialising in Acupuncture Detox training and integration.
A strong advocate for both the eastern and western medicine approach to healthcare, Katie was the founding partner and co-owner of the the Medical Holistic Centre in the USA. She worked within a team with a western Medical G.P, Dr. Steven Watry M.D., delivering complementary wholistic medical care to the patients.
Master of Science in Oriental Medicine, Florida College of Integrative Medicine, Orlando, FL, USA
Bachelor of Science in Professional Health Studies, Florida College of Integrative Medicine, Orlando, FL, USA
Bachelor of Education, Wollongong University, Australia
Diploma of Teaching, Sydney University, Australia
Katie is experienced and trained in:
2) Chinese Herbal Medicine
4) Tuina (Chinese Massage)
5) Acupoint Injection Therapy
6) Auricular Acupuncture
8) NADA protocol- Addictions and Substance Abuse Acupuncture
9 ) Pain Management/ Sciatica/ Fibromyalgia
Infertility, Prenatal, Birthing and Post natal care / Women’s Health10.
Pediatric focus, particularly with behavioural concerns such as ADHD
Other health concerns such as : Insomnia, Stress, Migraines, Arthritis, Weight loss / Diabetes, Allergies, Energy/ Vitality, Complimentary Care for Oncology and post surgical care.
Apart from her Acupuncture qualifications and experience, Dr Katie is also a licensed Acupoint Injection Therapist, certified Qigong instructor and has extensive experience with homeopathic medicine, Sivananda Yoga and nutrition and dietary counseling.